Posts Tagged ‘The State Symphony Orchestra’
The year 2010 ended with some great performances from Rimma Sushanskaya as she travelled between the Ukraine and Berlin.
On the 20th of November, Rimma started in Kiev conducting The State Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine with the programme:
- Mozart-Symphony No. 29, in A Major
- Shostakovich-Symphony No. 7, “Leningrad”, Op. 60
This was followed by 4 concerts in Berlin where Rimma Sushanskaya conducted the Berlin Sinfonietta and featuring Michael Barenboim on the violin. This was a hectic seasonal series of concerts as they commenced on the 25th December at the Berlin Philharmonic Chamber Hall, moved to the Berliner Dom on the 27th of December and then onto the Berlin Philharmonic Chamber Hall on the 29th of December and finally at the Franzosisches Dom on the 30th December.
The programme at the four concerts included:
- Mozart- Violin Concerto No. 5, in A Major
- Mozart-Symphony No. 29, A Major
- Dvorak- Serenade for strings in E Major, Op.22
- J.(Jr.) Strauss- Pizzicato Polka
We hope to get extracts of the performances on the website soon.